Saturday 7 November 2009

My place and yours: A view of your secret weapon


This weeks Theme Queen My Bricole chose 'A view of your secret weapon' for My Place and Yours.

These are my small sewing scissors, they are silver and gold, the sharpest scissors I have ever owned (apparently they will stay this sharp for 100 years!!) in the shape of a stork.

Not only do they assist in unpicking my botched sewing mistakes but assist in keeping my fringe nice and neat, almost to an unhealthy degree - I'm obsessed with maintaining a straight fringe.

12 comments:

Brenda said...

They look dangerous....but oh so beautiful!

the yellow house in the U said...

So pretty!

lisa stubbs said...

I've just bought a pair like these! fab!

Anonymous said...

Love your choice! I can't sew anything without my tiny scissors or a seam ripper close by.

meetmeatmikes said...

Oh the stork scissors! Awesome! I love your drawing! Golly! I especially like the background, and I love the way you approach this, Ms Claire Murphy Tunabake Mouse!

Snooze said...

These are so amazing looking. I had to look at them twice to work them out. I love them.

midge said...

love your drawing. i have a pair like this too and mine would have stayed sharp for 100 years except i drop them way to often

Unknown said...

Yes, there is nothing better than a sharp pair of scissors! :)

Aussie-waffler said...

Stork scissors, whatever will they think of next ? Seriously groovy scissors & I applaude your dedication to a straight fringe.

Anonymous said...

Fringes can never be too well maintained.

the bashful owl said...

Hurrah for stork scissors! Mine were a giftie years ago. It is good to know the will stay sharp long after my crafting time is up. I enjoy your images too. Thanks for sharing

Cherie said...

Mine too ... adore your drawing, well done;)

 
eXTReMe Tracker